Dril-quip’s innovative fiber-optic-based communications system takes advantage of over ten years of experience using fiber-optics in subsea applications. It is the only system on the market that provides four independent channels.
Dril-quip’s Multiplex Control System uses single-mode fiber-optic technology that provides reliable communications over 100-plus miles of fiber-optic cable.
Surface Control System Equipment
- Master Control Station – The MCS allows the operator to control and monitor the subsea completion and surface equipment
- Hydraulic Power Unit – The HPU is designed using computerized hydraulic analysis to meet each project specification
- Electrical Power Unit – The EPU provides conditioned and protected power for the control system, and is configurable for both single and three-phase power
- Topside Umbilical Termination Unit – This unit provides an electrical, hydraulic and optical interface to the umbilical and is fully configurable to meet all customer specifications and environmental requirements
- Software Support – The control system software runs on a Microsoft Windows® platform and employs Emerson’s Process Management Delta VTM DCS System for control and monitoring of the production equipment
Subsea Control System Equipment
- Shallow and Deepwater Subsea Control Modules – These modules offer operators advanced multiplex electro-hydraulic systems designed to control and monitor the subsea completion system
- Subsea Electronics Module – The SEM is the intelligence hub of the Subsea Control Module and acquires data from subsea sensors and provides control of the completion system through valve activation
- Subsea Distribution Units – The SDUs employ field-proven components for electrical optic and hydraulic connections, and are designed to meet specific project requirements
Installation and Workover Control System
- Hydraulic Power Unit
- Master Control Station
- Umbilical – stored on a winch-controlled reel
- Junction Plates
There are no enquiries yet.